Welcome to our friendly school which is situated in the heart of the village of Beckington. We are situated opposite St George's Church and enjoy close relationships with our local community. The oldest part of our school was built in 1852 and has been extended over the years which included the addition in 2004 of offices, a staff room, a new Reception classroom and the school hall which is shared with St George's Church. This was opened on 20th July 2004 by HRH Princess Anne.
Message from Claire Chantler, Headteacher
We pride ourselves in giving our children a broad and active learning experience. We have a committed team of staff who enjoy organising a range of activities to ensure that every child has the opportunity to develop the skills and confidence to achieve their full potential.
These are a few of the recent events we enjoyed during the Spring term:
- the Sustrans Big Pedal, which encourages our children to lead healthy lifestyles and reduce congestion outside the school.
- the Mendip School Gymnastics competition.
- a broad jump for Sports Relief.
- World Book Day - children dressed as book characters.
- whole school pottery project.
- tag rugby at Bath Recreation Ground.
- Jackdaws "year of the guitar" workshop with Eden Stell Guitar Duo.
- a whole school trip to see Peter Pan at the Theatre Royal in Bath.
- the Inspired Dance Festival where our year 2 children performed at the Merlin Theatre, Frome.
- a whole school trip to Bristol Zoo as part of our topic entitled "A cold and frosty morning".
We are proud of our school and would be happy to show prospective parents around. Please telephone the school to book an appointment.